Grow Your Knowledge
Tell me more!
What are the benefits of chicken and eggs in a diet? How can you take advantage? A great deal of research is out there about chicken and eggs and how these high-quality sources of protein have the power to improve the livelihoods of millions.
Nutrition by the Numbers
Chicken and eggs are powerhouse sources of protein. Not only do they help build strong muscles, but they also contain essential nutrients that are vital for overall health. Why should you incorporate chicken and eggs into daily meals? Here are a few reasons:
The yolk contains FOUR vital nutrients including:
- Choline, a nutrient that promotes normal cell activity, liver function and the transportation of nutrients throughout the body. It’s also key in the development of infant’s memory functions1.
- Vitamin D, critical for bone health and immune function. Eggs are one of the only foods that naturally contain vitamin D2.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants that are believed to reduce the risk of developing cataracts and slow the progression of age-related macular degeneration, a disease that develops with age.
- Eggs contain ZERO carbohydrates and no sugar1
- Eggs have all NINE essential amino acids, which makes them a high-quality protein1
- Each egg contains SIX grams of protein1
- Chicken contains all EIGHT B vitamins. B vitamins contribute to overall body functions such as promoting immunity and metabolism, converting carbohydrates to energy, and proper nervous system function3.
- A 3.5 oz. cooked skinless chicken breast has only ONE gram of saturated fat4.
- A 3.5 oz. cooked skinless chicken breast is a great source of THIRTY ONE grams of lean protein4